Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wind in the Willows









Here are some of the sixty odd illustrations that were commissioned from a publisher back in late 2001. The Wind in the Willows is a book that I had wanted to illustrate for a number of years and so was a dream come true. It took me two years of intense but enjoyable slog to complete. Once the colour scans of the pictures were completed the illustrations went off to the framers - a Christmas exhibition of them at The Greenhill Galleries, Adelaide almost sold out in two days; most likely for nostagia reasons rather than my artistry.

For reasons which are inexplicable to me, the book, (along with several others in advanced stages of production) was never published - so, although I got to carry out my dream commission, I still don't have The Wind in the Willows with my illustrations, gracing my book shelf.

Hope you like what you see....RWS

No comments:

Post a Comment